Established in 1985, MABUHAY, INC. was organized in response to a felt need in the Filipino American community for a support group — a network of individuals, families and their friends who have similar concerns about assimilation into the American mainstream, interracial marriages, raising biracial children, and maintaining ties with the “old country” — the Philippines.
Goals and Objectives
- To foster a better understanding of American and Filipino culture among its members by providing a forum whereby ideas, hopes, talents and skills may be shared and developed.
- To provide emergency assistance to qualified persons in need.
- To form a network of resident Filipino Americans to facilitate adjustment to life in the United States .
- To foster an awareness and understanding of the Civil Rights Act.
- To develop, promote and sponsor programs and activities that advance the ideals of multiculturalism, peaceful co-existence and harmony among all people.
Mabuhay, Inc. Generously Supports the Following Philippine Causes:
School in a Box Program
Anak Natin Foundation, Inc.
c/o Terrel M. Hill, former UNICEF Representative
Bantay Bata 163
c/o ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc.
Quezon City Philippines
Disaster Relief and Community Building through
Gawad Kalinga, Feed the Hungry, Inc., Philippine
American Foundation for Charities, Inc. and others.